(Key Text – Luke 17:32)
- A Fire Escape is an exit door to safety when there is a fire in the building.
- Contrary to what some people believe, the Church is not a Fire Escape from the fires of Hell.
- Believe it or not, there will be Church Members in “good and regular standing” who will burn in the fires of Hell!
- Jesus Christ is the only safety or “Fire Escape” from the fires of Hell.
- However, Jesus Christ is more than just a “Fire Escape” … He is the way to a better life in the present and in the future.
- Lot’s wife looked fine on the outside, but on the inside she had been slowly consumed by the Spirit of Sodom.
- In the Church the Spirit of Sodom is alive and popular.
- On the outside everything looks good … nice house, two cars, “good life”. But if you look inside, you see the truth … massive debt, unhappy marriages, damaged emotions, shattered dreams, secret life of sin.
- Just like it did with Lot’s wife, the Spirit of Sodom dwells in you, enslaves you and finally destroys you.
Life in Jesus Christ
- Whilst some things may be beyond the scope of human intervention, nothing is beyond the Power of Jesus (Matthew 19:26).
- After all, the Spirit of God is more powerful than the Spirit of Sodom (Zechariah 4:6).
- The simple truth is that being a Christian means zero tolerance of sin. We cannot profess to be Christian without being Christ-like!
- Either a person will go to Heaven or Hell. There is no middle ground.
- The Church is not a Fire Escape from Hell. It did not save Lot’s wife and it cannot save us.
- Only Jesus Christ can save us and our families!
Presented by: A. Ndlebe Date: 21 July 2012