Marriage Tips (Part Two)
Activities Which Help In Marriage
- Do things together, work on the budget together and help in a practical way during the early days of the relationship.
- Read the Bible and Pray together – Husband and Wife should talk openly about individual spiritual problems.
- Go out to dine together. The couple should be sure to take their annual vacation together and spend time socially together – Individual social and recreational life is good, but must be kept secondary.
- Always go to Church together. Separate Church attendance always harms the spirit of unity and understanding in marriage, aside from the spiritual disintegration it causes.
- Do some worthwhile Christian Tasks together, such as a community mission project or helping some person in need.
- Make sacrifices for each other – This deepens any relationship. Make these regularly and consistently.
Things That Can Threaten Romance After Marriage
- Time – e.g. Arrival of Babies
- Money – e.g. No Candle-lit Dinners or Travelling due to money being saved for Household Appliances such as Washing Machines.
Presented by: A. Ndlebe Date: 16 July 2011