Marriage Tips (Part Three)
Elements of a Happy Marriage
- There are three main elements of a Happy Marriage:
- Passion and Affection – Displaying Affection in Public reassures the Wife of the Husband’s Pride in their relationship. Happy Couples show Passion in Private, i.e. they care about pleasing each other.
- Quality Time Together – A wonderful result of spending quality time together is learning how to communicate successfully. There are three weapons that kill communication, namely: Tears; Explosion; and Silence.
- Mutual Respect – Every Ship can only have one Captain! Teams have Leaders or Captains … Businesses have Managers … Schools have Principals … Families have Fathers … Wives have Husbands (Genesis 3:16; Ephesians 5: 22-24; 1Peter 3:1-2).
- A Wedding should be planned at least three months in advance! The following is a simple Wedding Preparations Checklist:
- How much can you afford?
- Type of Wedding (White Wedding and/or Traditional)
- Venue and Date
- Guest List
- Photography and DVD/Video
- Wedding Attendants (Officiating Pastor; Programme Director; Speakers; Best Man; Matron of Honour; Bride’s Maids; Groom’s Men; Flower Girls; Page Boys; Ushers; Disc Jockey)
- Wedding Theme and Wedding Gown / Clothes (Colour and Patterns)
- Car Hire
- Make Up Artist and Hairdresser
- Engagement and Wedding Rings are purely optional.
Presented by: A. Ndlebe Date: 08 October 2011